Sunday, May 15, 2005

What and why?

Open markets are a great thing, not only do they allow for an amazingly efficient allocation of resources in a capitalist society but they also allow a savvy individual to profit from the shortcomings of others. The latter, of course, can be both a blessing and curse. Not surprisingly, the vast majority of speculators and traders fail - primarily because they do not understand what they are up against. More on this later, I assure you. In this soon-to-expand blog, I plan to open the eyes of everyone from the blind investor all the way up to the aspiring day trader to the pitfalls as well as possible rewards provided to them by open financial and commodities markets.

Why?
In my daily perusal of various financial and trading forums, I gradually became appalled by the level of ignorance present by not only potential investors and traders but by people claiming to make a good living "at the expense of Wall Street".The fact is, too many people simply do not understand first and foremost what they are getting themselves into, and in the fruitless search for riches fail to recognize that they will most probably lose (whether it be real money, time, or even opportunity). Hopefully, I will be able to keep the content flowing - the fundamentals as well as specifics of various asset classes, keys to investment success, the myth of EMH (efficient market hypothesis), trading a real edge and more. I encourage readers to e-mail me with any suggestions or questions regarding anything finance or trading related - there is simply so much to talk about it's difficult to stay focused so I will allow the readership to lead me as they see fit in this noble and perhaps hopeless cause to educate the world.
Note: I will not be publishing any conspiracy theories here, only the facts.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?